Not feeling comfortable in your own skin after bariatric surgery is a common experience, especially when the procedures promote fast weight loss. Some people can feel like imposters or frauds because weight is lost so rapid and most people have little time to adjust.
- Have you experienced these perceptions of yourself?
- How did it effect how you felt about who you are or how far you have come?
It may take several years before people start seeing themselves at their lower weight. Even after they have adjusted to a lower weight, patients may still have loose skin about which they may feel insecure or uncomfortable.
- Think of a popular figure or someone you know and admire who is overweight.
- What character traits or qualities does this person possess that you admire?
- What characteristics or qualities do you possess that are admirable?
Your worth is not your body size or shape!
We are here with you as you adjust to the NEW you. We walk with you through those times when you may question yourself. It is normal to feel this way from time-to-time, but don’t let it derail you from living a healthy and vibrant life!
We are here for you!
Schedule an appointment.